Thursday, May 13, 2010

Evil Empire of Tech uncovered and it's NOT Google

I wrote up a list of the top net companies I think are evil and here are the not so surprising but very chilling results. I think you will find the humor, ironic and fear factor as I did.

My list started in this order

Microsoft
Facebook
Ebay
Paypal
Apple
Yahoo

But then, just like a game of scrabble, I began to see within these names.
Paypal
Apple
Yahoo

WTF! and then I saw a double WTF!
Microsoft
Facebook
Ebay


Now I move them around, voila
Facebook

Paypal
Apple
Yahoo

Microsoft
Ebay

That's right, F - PAY ME. Spooky, eh? Appropriate though!

Now I guess all we need is a company that starts with U and then we will know who the evil companies are of this world. Sidenote: it's also very interesting how all these companies work together, marketing arrangements or strategic alliances, etc. When some of them are competitors going after the same business. This strikes me as uber odd. I'm not quite sure the public and consumers are truly benefiting when corporations of this scale are in bed with one another. Think about the business combinations of all of the above, truly wow. How much of our user data is stored and shared with these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment